EncaptureMD comes with many standard features that allow the system to function well even without additional modules. The base system includes:
- A HIPAA compliant, secure client-server model with SQL database
- Administrative functions to set up locations, users and groups and assign administrators
- A report header/footer and style editor
- A configurable work list
- A referring database linked to the patient and the study
- Auto-faxing of results with a fax manager
- A print manager and print queue
- A teaching file database
- Individual user style choices
- Basic analytical reports
- Extensive, searchable documentation
Base System Functionality - The Work List
The base system ties EncaptureMD together. The work list is where most people will begin their access. Each person's work list can be customized to their own needs. Attendings don't need to see nursing reports and billing and coding staff do need to see which billing sheets have been signed and are awaiting processing. Administrators may need to see everything.
Base System Functionality - Auto Faxing
EncaptureMD uses SFax, a HIPAA-compliant Internet fax engine. Set the system to automatically fax any referring physician or group with a defined fax number when the MD signs the report. The clerical staff can also choose one or more finished studies from the work list and fax them to one or more referring MDs. The referring database acts as an address book.